- Public Cellular Blocking Service (PCBS) is a public service initiated by the Government to prevent mobile phones reported lost or stolen from accessing all mobile networks in Malaysia.
What is PCBS?
How does PCBS work?
- It uses the International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) numbers, unique to each mobile phone, to block/unblock the lost or stolen unit.
- The registered customer would have to request their mobile service provider to block or unblock a phone.
- Upon request and verification of the registered customer’s identity as the rightful owner, the mobile service provider would check the customer profile for the IMEI number of the mobile phone.
- The IMEI number would be submitted to MCMC’s PCBS system, informing all mobile service providers to either block or unblock the mobile phone.
What is an IMEI number?
- IMEI stands for “International Mobile Equipment Identity”. It is a 14- to 16-digit number unique to each device, given by the device manufacturer.
- Customers are advised to store the IMEI number in a safe place. It can be retrieved by dialling *#06#.
What circumstances are IMEI and/or Device Blocking activated?
- Upon request by the registered customer for reported Lost or Stolen mobile phones.
- Consecutive non-payment of monthly fees, as reasonably determined by Digi from time to time.
What happens when IMEI and/or Device Blocking are activated?
- With IMEI blocking, the device can no longer be used for making & receiving calls; accessing the internet or any app via mobile internet service within any mobile service provider in Malaysia.
- A device with IMEI blocking can still be used in a WiFi environment within Malaysia, and with other mobile service provider outside Malaysia.
- Device Blocking will totally disable all functions of the device in any mobile or WiFi environment in Malaysia and outside Malaysia.
- Depending on the model type, the phone would display:
- SIM card registration failed.
- No network on the phone.
- Network bar icon is crossed.
- Connection failed.
How do I request to block my device?
- Only the registered customer of the device can request to block or unblock their device.
- Make a report of your lost or stolen device to Digi Helpline via any official channels (Live Chat, Call-in or Walk-in to Digi Store).
- We will go through a verification process to ensure the rightful owner is making the request.
- Upon confirmation, we will submit your blocking request to PCBS to prevent unauthorised individuals to use your device.
How do I unblock my phone?
- Only the registered customer of the device can unblock the phone.
- For Lost or Stolen Phone, we will unblock the phone after the registered customer is verified and the IMEI number of the blocked device matches the one provided by the customer.
- Devices blocked for consecutive non-payment of monthly fees can be unblocked after the outstanding amount owed is settled.
- Please switch ON and OFF the phone to complete the unblocking process